Sunday 18 September 2011

I finally got the Clarisonic!



So...after careful consideration and a considerable amount of research I finally caved in and bought the Clarisonic!  I first heard about this gadget via YouTube...all the beauty guru's were raving about this small cleansing tool which claimed to change your whole attitude towards facial cleansing.  In case you are not aware of this tool then I will quickly fill you in... 


'Developed by the lead inventor of the Sonicare toothbrush, the Clarisonoc is a professional-calibre sonic skin care for cleansing wherever your lifestyle takes you.'

Basically it is an electric toothbrush for your face :)! Having been through hundreds of exfoliant facial scrubs to combat my dry, flaky but also oily skin I decided to invest in this little gadget and I must say I can completely agree with all the hype surrounding it.  I no longer have to look constantly for exfoliating washes as this does just that with a normal cleanser! 

I opted for the Clarisonic Mia which was £120 at Space NK.  This is the smaller version of the Clarisonic family and has only 1 speed setting.  However the larger one only has a slower speed setting which I probably would not have used hence my choice.  Also the fact it is smaller for travelling and comes in a variety of cute colours kind of persuaded me to purchase.  I got the blue by the way... 

I used this with an ordinary Simply moisturising wash for the first time and I have been using the gadget for approximately 3 months now and the change in my skin is incredible to say the least. The product claims to enhance the performance of moisturisers and other products however I cannot say that I have noticed this.  It also claims to remove 6 times for make up than normal cleansing with a cloth.  I usually remove make up with a cleanser beforehand and then use the Clarisonic as using it with too much make up can stain the brush.  It recommends changing the brush every 3 - 4 months although I am now on month 3 and the brush looks as good as new so this could be a clever marketing ploy.  I did however buy a further brush most recently which is designed for deep pore cleansing.  I have only used this once though so have yet to make a final review on that.  

The device itself is mains charged and I absolutely love the charger device which magnetically attaches itself to the Clarisonic (so clever).  It lasts for 20 minutes after a full 24 hour charge therefore should you use it for the required 1 minute (yes 1 minute) every morning and evening then it should last a good 2 weeks before you need to charge again. 

It does advise to get the full benefits that you use it for 20 seconds across your forehead, 10 seconds on each cheek and then a further 20 seconds on the T zone area i.e. the nose and chin area.  I tend to just go all over and sometimes more often than not use it for far longer than the 1 minute recommended purely because it feels so nice.  

All in all though taking into account the cost of this gadget this was probably one of the best products I have invested in and the quality of the product ensures that this will last a long long time. It also comes with a 2 year guarantee so I have peace of mind for the next 2 years that the product is covered in the event of a fault.  I have seen that there are cheaper models on the market which I must say I did research considerably before going ahead and purchasing the Clarisonic yet i felt that although they were a fraction of the price the reviews always went back to the Clarisonic being the best.  So what I just wanted to say is - I love my Clarisonic :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment