Sunday 23 October 2011

Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Foil Gold/Silver



As I am sure you are aware I love Barry M nail polishes. For some time now they have had the 'crackle' effects although I didn't quite 'get' this effect (a little messy looking for me). However I read a few days a go that they had a new effects polish out called 'foils'. This basically gives the effect of the nail foils you put on. At the moment it is only available in gold and silver and whilst I am not a big gold fan I thought it was worth a try. 

Anyhow, I had to go and get my passport renewed yesterday (how much for a renewal???) I now actually can't afford to go on holiday :)... well the photo machine was in Boots, they did have one in the post office but my boyfriend being the bargain hunter thought he could find it cheaper...not a good idea to take me to Boots as whilst there I came across these and purchased both colours. 

These retail at £3.99 on the Barry M website which you can view here,  and in shops although Boots are currently doing a save £1 when buying 2 so it came to £6.98.



Whilst I'm still not overly keen on the gold...i LOVE the silver. I can't even begin to tell you how  well these colours go on, literally like liquid gold/silver. I only needed one coat and it looked amazing so I can only imagine that 2 coats would be even better but personally I don't think you need a second coat.


Overall I loved the effect of these polishes, my only hope is that they extend the colours in the range as I can imagine that some metallic blues and pinks would be stunning. These colours, though will be perfect for the upcoming festive season and I can't wait to wear them. 

Small Disclaimer - all products purchased by me. I am not associated with Barry M in anyway whatsoever this review is based on my own opinions for the benefit of my readers and subscribers.