Monday 17 October 2011

Boots 17 Magnetic Nail Polish



Magnetic nail polish/varnish has been around for a while now and there are several reviews available on the internet. I believe that the main brand that sold these were Nails Inc. I personally do not buy Nails Inc. Whilst I do not dispute that it is probably a great brand of nail polish, I just can't justify spending so much when there are great cheaper brands on the market. So... I was a little excited to say the least when I discovered that boots had brought one out under their 17 brand. Although there is not a huge selection of colours at the moment, 4 to be exact, the colours available are gorgeous!

At the moment the colour available are - Blue, Gun Metal Grey, Teal and Lilac

I purchased blue and gun metal grey which retail at £4.99. I understand this is an offer and they will be going up to £5.99 in the near future. Although not a great saving it is a small saving all the same and I will be going back to purchase the other colours which were not in stock when I visited Boots. 



What Boots says about the product...

What is 17 Magnetized Nail Polish...The polish contains very fine metal particles, when you have applied the polish and its still wet, hover the magnet (which is part of the cap) over your nail and watch the effect appear!

The pot is quite chunky similar style to those of Nails Inc in its shape. It has a removable cap which has the magnet attached and then a smaller handle for the actual polish. Personally I would of preferred the handle of the brush to be slightly larger for better grip but thats only a small personal preference. 

I applied one coat and did it per nail. So i painted one nail, hovered the magnet and then moved onto the next. It did take a few attempts and I had to start again several times, but I 
think this is all down to practise and the more you do it the better you will become.

All photos are of 'Gun Metal Grey'

 





I absolutely loved the effect this gave and it is a great way to introduce nail art if you have never done it before. Im a big fan of nail water marbling which you can see my post on here, however the water marbling effect can be messy and takes up a lot of time so this was the next best thing.

Overall I am really impressed with this and much prefer this to the crackle effect nail polishes which in my opinion feel look a little messy. This looks neat and tidy just with a funky edge!

Let me know what you think and whether you have purchased these before...

Small disclaimer - all products mentioned were purchased by me. I am not being paid nor compensated for this review. All opinions are my own and for the benefit of my lovely subscribers.