Tuesday 13 March 2012

Harrods Exclusive D&G Charm Pencil

Saturday afternoon my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Harrods, London which was rather apt considering I received my Harrods edition glossy box that morning. I was on a mission to buy some Macaroons from the famous Laduree, which I successfully did after a very long queue! I had also heard on the grapevine about some new exclusive charm pencils by Dolce & Gabbana and I, being a stickler for anything fancy was keen to check them out and I must say they did not disappoint.


There are eight pencils in total, four lipliners and four eye pencils, each individually adorned with a beautiful gold charm, with each charm set to represent the different characteristics of the Dolce and Gabbana universe. 

Personally, I had never experimented with any cosmetics by Dolce & Gabbana prior to this, its not a brand that is readily available in your average High Street department store so it was nice to be able to have a browse and see what they had available. The packaging and quality alike is very reminiscent of YSL in terms of the sleek gold packaging and gold boxes which is a brand I am equally fond of, their touché éclat is a must have for any makeup junkie.

The formulation of the pencil is smooth and highly pigmented. There is no smudging or budging throughout the day with this in comparison to some lower end black pencils I have tried. However, with this said I do stress that the hype surrounding this goes without saying to the charms alone and I do not doubt for one moment that if you are only looking for a black pencil without the quirky characteristics of this one then your best bet is to search the high street for a cheaper alternative. 

All of the pencils retail at £19.50 which I will agree is pretty pricey and I do even shock myself every time I remind myself that I paid this for what effectively is only a black eye pencil. However, if you are a cosmetics junkie and love your limited edition/hard to find items then this is a perfect gift to your self or someone else.  




The charm pencil is available exclusively to Harrods online at www.harrods.com and in-store at Knightsbridge, London.

What do you think of these?