Friday 23 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butters Review/Swatches

Ok, so nothing new here, I think anyone within the beauty community will be well aware of the amazing albeit hard to get hold of Revlon Lip Butter which were released this month in the UK. I for one have been awaiting the arrival of these little gems for some time having seen them floating around amongst our fellow beauty bloggers from across the pond. When they were released on Boots.com a little while ago they literally sold out immediately and despite my frantic efforts (6am alarm people) I missed out, so when they were back in stock I knew I had to get in there quick. 

These can be purchased on Boots online for £7.99 a pop, however they were/are offering a 2 for £10 deal on selected Revlon products which included the sought after lip butters which meant a whopping saving of £6, perfect. The lip butters have now been released in store (19th March) to be precise but they are flying off the shelves like hot cakes. Whilst I believe the £10 offer is an online exclusive they are doing a 3 for 2 offer on these in-store which means effectively if you get the 2 you can get a 3rd absolutely free but I did notice that in my local Boots store there was not such an extensive colour range as those online. 

 L - Macaroon R - Cotton Candy

I opted for Cotton Candy, which is a light, subtle bubblegum pink and Macaroon which looks like a brown shade in the bullet but actually is a rather pinky reddish colour somewhat similar to my own lip shade only 100 times better. What I noticed about these immediately was the formulation, they are not quite a lipstick more a tinted balm in terms of they do not have the colour pigmentation of a lippy yet have the moisturising qualities of a lip balm, I guess you could say they were 'inbetween'. With this in mind they give a lovely subtle colour coverage which is perfect for daytime without looking too heavy. As for the longevity I had to re-apply after a couple of hours however due to the moisturising effect of the product it actually felt like I was doing my lips good rather than drying them out which I can find when re-applying certain lipsticks throughout the day. 

Overall, these were definitely worth the wait and the hype surrounding them. Sometimes I feel that I overlook Revlon in the makeup stakes having been a little let down by their lip stain which you can read my review on here. Having tried these though I think I can let that one slide for now...