Wednesday 7 March 2012

SHOP MAC, COOK MAC Collection

Unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past few weeks then you will be well aware of MAC's new innovative collection 'Shop MAC, Cook MAC' which has been gracing the blogging world for the past few weeks. The new collection, which promises a gourmet of glamour in several savoury shades is bright, fun and typical MAC. 

I'm not usually one to run out and purchase latest collections immediately, I tend to sit back and let the fad pass me by and then after all the hype has died down then decide 'ooh I might quite like that'. However, there was just something about this collection that drew me in.  Perhaps it was the pretty packaging (I am a stickler for fancy packaging) but whatever it was as soon as I saw these two lippies I had to have them. 

So, I ended up purchasing 'Innocence, Beware' and 'Watch me Simmer. I tried to get them online although the were completely sold out, I didn't hold out much hope trying the counter but to my surprise they had loads in stock! 





L - Innocence, Beware, R - Watch me Simmer

Initially when I saw Innocence, Beware I thought it was a darker shade to MAC's Hue although when you swatch them they are the complete opposite. Whereas Hue has more peachy tones this has very subtle pink tones and even a very slight shimmer to it. 


Watch me Simmer is an amplified creme lipstick and Innocence, Beware is a creme sheen. 

 Have you tried this collection yet? What were your thoughts?