Wednesday 11 April 2012

Barry M - Peach Melba

What is it with England and Bank Holidays? You can always rely on the great british weather to put a dampener (literally) on any plans. This Easter was no different and the heavens opened for yet another wet and dreary weekend. Being the ever optimist though I used this time productively and whilst inspecting my ever so shabby nails decided that they needed some TLC. Out came the files, clippers, buffers and anything else that you can think of and I set to work at bringing some life back into my poor, neglected talons.
Photobucket Ever since I heard that Essie was coming to Superdrug I have withheld from purchasing any more nail polishes. I am not one to splurge on nail polishes, but Essie is one brand that I have took notice of and although I won't be buying the entire collection I feel it my duty as a beauty blogger to have a dip in the water and see what all the fuss is about. After rummaging through my existing collection I opted for an old favourite but a gooden. Barry M Peach Melba. Barry M is my go-to brand, with this being a staple favourite shade. Its not the easiest to apply by no means, it takes at least 2 coats to achieve a decent opaqueness and can apply fairly streaky if you are not careful, but the colour payoff at the end is definitely worth it. As for wear, this lasts about 3 days before it starts to chip even with a top coat but I love this colour so much I am willing to overlook this little glitch. If you know of any similar colours then please let me know.