Monday 7 May 2012

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish RemoverBourjois 2
Ok, ok I caved and got it. Yes, the Bourjois 1 second nail polish remover. In fact this was the last one standing in Stratford's Boots. When a particular product gets some hype in the beauty community you can expect an entourage of beauty lovers hot footing it to their nearest store to try it. And that was no different with this product. You see, I trust the blogs I read so when my favourite bloggers say a product is good rather than some PR spew then I am guaranteed to follow. So I apologise in advance for what must have been like a foray of samey reviews over the past weeks or so :-).

So, the product. In a nutshell is a piece of foam encased in a plastic container saturated in nail polish remover. The instructions, pretty simple, place finger in hole and twist, theres a joke there somewhere :-) This promises to remove in 1 second which I think is pretty optimistic if I am honest but 2-3 seconds or a couple of twists and all polish is removed with a minute being the average for total removal from both hands. The trick I find is to twist the bottle rather than finger, so whilst my finger is in there I give the bottle a couple of swirls and all traces of polish have been removed. The scent is described as red fruit and vanilla fragrance, to me this has the usual potent scent of nail polish remover the difference being that after I have used it my fingers smell deliciously fruity. Priced at a rather reasonable £4.99 it is definitely worth the hype it has received. Its a lot cleaner and convenient than conventional nail polish remover in the sense that no more messing about with cotton pads, I usually get through 2 or 3 dependent on the intensity of the polish. This will also be perfect for travelling without having to worry out nail varnish remover leaking all over my clothes :-). Would I purchase this again? Most definitely. I am the first person to admit to being slightly sceptical at first however having tried this I think it would be hard for me to return to generic nail polish remover.