Sunday 30 December 2012

NICKY CLARKE DESI RED HAIRDRYER





When it comes to Christmas presents some may say aka the 'the boyfriend' that I am a nightmare to buy for. Personally I don't think this is the case, I am grateful for everything and like most things, within reason :-) but I have an issue writing a 'list'. I don't know what it is, I just hate asking for things but this year I knew I had to get a new hairdryer (I was sick of banging the old one every morning to kick start the motor haha) so I used this as the ideal opportunity to make things slightly easier on the other half by 'mentioning' that this was what I needed. Rather than pick one and make things easy for him I gave him 2 rules - it must not be pink and it can't be an identical replica of my existing, so off he trotted and Christmas morning I awoke to this little beauty. 

Colour and aesthetic wise this ticks all the boxes for me and is simple enough for my needs. I mean come on its a hairdryer right? I don't need any fancy gizmo's as long as it fulfils its purpose within a reasonable speed. The Nicky Clark Desi Red boasts a good 2000W with 3 heat settings, 2 speed settings plus an ionic option. It feels sturdy yet light enough for me who can be rather cock handed when drying my hair so the last thing I need is some hefty monstrosity! 

I use this with the detachable nozzle and a flat brush. I can't say that the ionic option which claims to make hair softer, and frizz free makes much of a difference but it is a welcome extra. The hairdryer definitely does the business as far as hairdryers go plus it looks rather pretty on dressing table! So 10 points to Chris! This year the boy done good! 

Now as this post is scheduled for today 'Sunday' I should be at my parents right now just in time to do a daughters duty - raid their fridge and make use of their super fast broadband!