Wednesday 2 January 2013

DIY - LIP SCRUB


If there is one thing that I hate and that is dry lips which seems to be inevitable come the winter months which is why once in a while I like to look after my lips by doing an intensive scrub once in a while. Trust me this is a godsend for when you want to wear darker shades of lipsticks which can cling to all the dryer patches and ruin the look. A quick raid of my kitchen produced these items and make a good contender to the more ip scrubs you can buy on the market. Not that there is anything wrong with those, I have been quite partial to the Lush one before...

What you will need:

Olive Oil
Sugar
A plate and spoon 
Cotton buds

If I am doing this as a one off I will use a tea spoon of sugar and then a few drops of olive oil until the sugar sticks. You can make a batch and put it in a pot but I find that it does not last too long and goess hard after a while. If you choose to do this then just use more etc. I then like to apply with a cotton bud, rub in with my fingers for a few minutes and then rinse with cold water. Afterwards I slap on a generous amount of a moisturising lip balm, my current favourite being Nuxe RĂªve de Miel which although is slightly too greasy for my liking during the day, makes for the perfect bedtime balm for soft lips in the morning.