Sunday 3 February 2013

MOST HYPED BEAUTY PRODUCTS

Blogger hype is probably the biggest enabler there is in the blogosphere and I for one as am guilty as the next for lusting after the latest offering from a high street brand or tottering off to Boots only to find the product I am after has been sold out. It only seems to take a little mention on the grapevine in the blogosphere for bloggers to follow suit and the next thing you know you have a severely hyped up product that every beauty blogger in town is desperate to get their hands on. So I have accumulated all the products that I have purchased as  a result of blogger hype and heres the low down. 

1. Revlon Lip Butters. I waited in anticipation for the release of these and despite several failed attempts I managed to get my hands on some. OK admittedly I was still caught up in the hype surrounding them and initially loved them but in comparison to products discovered afterwards these were rather mediocre and perhaps had I tried them today I would have been slightly more critical in my thoughts. A nice product but I prefer the L'Oreal caresse range in comparison. 
2. Origins Super Spot Remover. Gold dust in a bottle in my opinion. Does exactly what it says on the tin, if a little pricey. Watch this space though as I have since discovered a high street spot treatment c/o the boyf which could be a replacement for a fraction of the price. 
3. Rimmel Apocalips. The latest offering on the beauty scene. You can read my honest thoughts on these in my most recent post here
4. Caudalie beauty elixir. I am not sure whether this does anything proactive but I am on my 3rd bottle none the less. Its been hidden in a drawer for the last few months waiting for the summer to come around. I tend to use this as a freshen up and it works a treat. I always get the smaller version as its handy to just throw in the bag and go. 
5. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I don't think there is many a beauty blogger around that has not at least tried this. A great all round cleanser that just melts off your makeup. 
6. Emma Hardie Beauty Balm. This is my most recent purchase currently making a statement in my skincare regime. So far I am loving this and I shall keep my lips sealed and reveal all in an upcoming skincare post. 
7. Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. I bloomin' love these and reach for rendezvous on a daily basis. Probably my most reached for product and worth the hype! 
8. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I actually received this in a former Glossy Box. Yes it made my hair feel a lot softer and manageable. I found it worked better as an overnight mask applied to dry hair and washed out in the morning but I am of the opinion there are more affordable options on the high street!

Let me know what products you have purchased as a result of blogger hype and I would love to know your thoughts!