Monday 15 April 2013

Worldwide Wardrobe Competition



TOTAL OUTFIT COST £190.97

Its fair to say that I am a city girl at heart. And its even fairer to say that New York won my heart a long time ago. From the fashion, to the hustle and bustle of city life, to the fact that you can emerse oneself in beauty products all hours day and night (Yes, thats right, Sephora opens until midnight most days don't ya know!). So when I heard about Travel Supermarket were hosting a blogger competition to win a dream holiday from 5 destinations, choosing 'Cocktails in New York' was a given choice, no doubt about it. The rules are pretty simple, pick a destination (all 5 if you are feeling adventurous) and put together an outfit for your chosen destination ensuring that you don't go over the £200 budget. The lucky winner will then get the £200 to purchase their outfit in addition to a trip to their destination. Pretty amazing huh? You can read all about it over on Travel Supermarket by clicking here

When I first envisaged the scene I was taken back to a good old favourite - that is Sex and The City. I have spent a lifetime in awe of the outfits and the makeup of none other than Carrie Bradshaw herself. I didn't have to re-run episodes for inspiration either seeing as every episode is etched in my brain with the final episode a constant in my DVD player much to the boyfs dismay - I always knew Mr. Big would come around eventually. So in true fan style my initial thought was 'what would Carrie wear...

After trawling through all my favourite online fashion haunts I was drawn in by this Nude number from New Look. Part of superfan Lydia Rose Brights range this lace skater dress is the perfect day to evening dress. The gorgeous neckline means you can get away with minimal or no jewellery at all, me being more fond of the latter 'minimilist' look. Although this is a far cry from Carries' infamous 'Nude' dress and is slightly 'Charlotte', in true Carrie style its all about the shoes. During the day I am a flats or boots girl to be honest but come evening and its 'the higher the better' in an attempt to counteract my lame 5'3 height. These black platforms with subtle nude detail are right up my street, and although not quite Manolos', they could definitely pass for way more than their rather reasonable £40 price tag! Being the sensible type you won't see me out without a jacket, bar my "wine jacket" on the odd occasions but thats for another day. H&M are renowned for their blazers and they always fit me like a glove without leaving my purse weeping. A classic black jacket would set the dress off a treat, whilst looking stylish but not overdone. I like to push the sleeves up, occasionally showing off some wrist bling and a clutch tucked under the arm for effortless chic. Can you believe that this nude clutch with gold hardware is only £18 from ASOS and is big enough to carry the nights essentials which brings me onto my final touches. A night for me is not complete without a bold red lip. The new Bourjois Rouge collection has been on my radar for a while with 'Rouge Buzz' being the show stealer for me personally, I will throw this in my handbag for touchups throughout the night.  Finally nothing says 'happy hour' than a subtle smoky eye and the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette is the ideal collection of shadows to pop into your bag to take you from day to night. Now I am in the mood to get all dolled up and head out for cocktails...who's in?

SHOP THE PRODUCTS

 H&M Black Blazer  New Look Lydia Rose Bright Lace Skater Dress ASOS Platform Black Court Shoes ASOS Envelope Clutch Bag Bourjois Rouge Edition Buzz Lipstick Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

As part of the challenge I had to choose 5 other bloggers to take part in the challenge. Its fully optional by the way so if your names on the list then please don't feel obliged to take part. I chose all of the following as they all have styles either similar to myself or completely different and I think it would be great to see their choices. Please note that the comp is open to all bloggers so if I haven't tagged you then head over to Travel Supermarket for the deets. Oh and don't forget to keep an eye on these ladies blogs as to whether they take part.